The kitchen seems to be a place where we spend a lot of time, which is no wonder since we love to cook and make yummy meals together. Being that John Paul and I are both Italian, it’s kind of in our blood, I think!
These kitchen essentials are our top picks for things that every kitchen should have! Some are things we have had since we got married when we registered for them and others are things we have recently added to our kitchen!
1.DIFFUSER: This is a new one for us! We recently started using essential oils and LOVE them! I am constantly moving this diffuser around the house since I only have 1 right now. When cooking, it’s so nice having this going to eliminate any yucky leftover odors. Lemon is the best for this! Eventually, I want to have a diffuser for the kitchen and our bedroom. Check out the starter kit, HERE.
2. CROCKPOT: Everyone needs a crockpot! It doesn’t have to be fancy with all the bells and whistles, but there are so many amazing meals you can make with it. It’s hard to imagine our busy lives without one. We like making this sweet and spicy pulled chicken in the crockpot.
3. CAST IRON PAN: We have 2 versions, a smaller one and a larger one. Both are equally amazing, but just depends on what we are making as to what size we need. The food comes out so good on the cast iron pans. Burgers and steaks are so good when it’s too cold to grill. We get a ton of use from these pans and even keep the smaller one out since we use it frequently.
4. DUTCH OVEN: This we have had since our wedding shower 4 years ago. I never thought I would use it as much as I have! We make our sauce in it, soups, stews, chili, braise meats, etc. It is such a useful pot to have in your arsenal. They are heavy duty and just making cooking low and slow sauces so yummy! We use this for the butternut squash soup.
5. WHITE DISHES: We have 2 sets of white dishes. One that is just plain white that will go with everything and are so timeless and classic. The other set has a bit more pattern on it, but still all white. We can easily mix and match both sets. Having 1 set is really all you need though. Then you can add in pops of colors or textures for the season if you are having a dinner party. I just love a classic white plate.
6. KNIFE SET: We just got this new knife set for Christmas and it has been a GAME CHANGER! It chops everything so well. No more hacking away at onions and crying all over the place, LOL! We love this set and will continue to add to it as time goes on. It comes with a great starter collection of basic knives and honestly we haven’t needed any others at this point.
7. NINJA COFFEE BAR: This was another Christmas gift we got this year and another GAME CHANGER. I have a whole review on it which you can read, HERE. We have saved so much money by not going out for coffee and just making them at home. It makes such yummy lattes, cappuccinos, iced coffees, regular hot coffee, and more! We have loved playing around with it and trying out all the options.
8. STAND MIXER: This mixer is amazing! This was a wedding shower gift and I am so glad we got one because we have used it so much! I love to bake! This is the perfect tool for baking. I make lots of cookies and cakes with it. Some of our favorites are this lemon pound cake, italian ricotta cookies, triple chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies, and chocolate peanut butter cake mix cookies. It’s also great for shredding chicken or pulled pork or whipping mashed potatoes! There are also some great attachments that you can get for it so that it can do even more!
9. WAFFLE MAKER: We have a large and a small waffle maker. The small one we use a lot when it’s just the 3 of us because it makes the perfect size waffles, but if we have family or guests visiting, we like to use the bigger one to make more waffles at once. Such a great tool to have in your kitchen because waffles are a fun breakfast that feel fancy, but are so easy to make! You can use a mix or find a recipe you love. It kind of depends on the day as to what we do, but every once in a while, using these waffle makers is a fun treat!
10. FOOD PROCESSOR: This is such a useful tool! We got this for our wedding shower and we love it. It chops things so quickly and efficiently. We make homemade salsas with it or chop nuts or puree sauces/soups. It is so handy and has several blades so that you can chop different items. It may not get a ton of use, but when a recipe calls for it, we are sure glad we have one!
I hope these top 10 kitchen essentials help you add some new items to your kitchen. I would love to hear what some of your favorite kitchen essentials are too so share in the comments below :)
Thank you for stopping by the blog!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, I make a commission at no additional cost to you. This helps to support my blog, so thank you SO much!*
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER, PIN IT NOW: