These cookies are so decadent, but not overly sweet! The cranberries and oatmeal balance out the sweetness from the chocolate.
Another favorite cookie recipe of ours is our Pizzelle Recipe (HERE).
I think you will love these triple chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies as much as we do!
I have to start this post off by saying that my Mom is a huge Martina McBride fan! She has been to countless concerts of hers & knows all her songs. My Mom made these cookies a few years ago because they are from Martina McBride's cookbook.
I have since fallen in love with these cookies, especially around Christmas time. They are such a crowd-pleaser & they make a lot which is nice to bring to all of the Christmas parties we have coming up.
You can find the original recipe here, but I have tweaked it a bit which you can find below.
This makes about 30-32 cookies. I double this recipe sometimes in order to have extra cookies :)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
10 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F & Line 2 (17- x 13-inch) rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt in a medium bowl & set aside
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and fluffy
- Add egg, vanilla, & orange zest, & beat until blended
- Add the flour mixture & oats, & mix until blended
- Mix in semi sweet chocolate chips, the milk chocolate chips, the white chocolate chips, & the cranberries
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, at least 2 inches apart
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned
- Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer cookies to a rack, & cool completely
These cookies are amazing!! It's hard to resist eating the dough & they smell so delicious as they bake. The little bit of orange zest is really the kicker that gives these cookies just a little something extra. I don't think you'll be able to eat just one.
What are some of your favorite Christmas cookies to bake?
Let me know if you try these out :)
Thank you for stopping by the blog today!
PIN THIS IMAGE: