Christmas would not be complete without some yummy treats so today I am going to share my candy cane popcorn recipe with you!
This Christmas candy cane popcorn recipe is so easy and is perfect as a holiday appetizer or a quick dessert!
We love making popcorn as a ‘midnight’ snack and usually just do it with savory spices. I thought it would be fun to give it a festive twist though!
This candy cane popcorn will literally take you all of 5 minutes to make, but it makes such a presence. It would be perfect to wrap up in cute bags and give out as little Christmas gifts.
It would also be great as part of a charcuterie board for an appetizer bar at any holiday events. It could also be the perfect after dinner snack for guests who are staying over during the holidays.
There are so many possibilities and I love when a recipe is super versatile AND easy!
CANDY CANE POPCORN INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup popcorn kernels
1 tablespoon of butter
3/4 white chocolate chips
8 candy canes
CANDY CANE POPCORN DIRECTIONS:
1.Add butter and popcorn kernels to the popcorn popper ( this is our favorite! )
2. Pop the popcorn on medium heat until all the popcorn is done and you cannot hear any more kernels popping (about 5 minutes). Do not over pop or you will burn the kernels.
3. Crush all the candy canes into small pieces either in a food processor or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin. You want it almost like dust because it sticks to the popcorn better
4. Melt the white chocolate chips. I do it in the microwave starting with 30 seconds, then mix, then do 15 second increments until it is fully melted
5. Mix half of the crushed candy canes into the melted white chocolate chips
6. Pour the popcorn onto a sheet pan and drizzle the melted white chocolate chips on top
7. Toss all the popcorn and chocolate together so that it is all evenly coated
8. While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the rest of the crushed candy canes on top and toss to coat
9. Allow the popcorn and chocolate to cool completely before storing
See how easy this recipe is?! It’s the perfect amount of sweet and minty with a touch of salty. The key is popping your own popcorn because it is so fresh and light.
We love making this popcorn at this time of year! I bet you won’t be able to just eat a few pieces!
SHOP THE POST:
Have you made your own popcorn before? What’s your favorite flavor combo?
Next on this DIY hop is Kelly from The Tattered Pew, I think you will love her DIY wreath!
Be sure to check out everyone in the DIY hop below:
Thank you for stopping by the blog!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, I make a commission at no additional cost to you. This helps to support my blog, so thank you SO much!*
SAVE THIS POST FOR LATER, PIN IT NOW: